First, we’ll watch this short animated video.
Then, in a Socratic Seminar format we will discuss the 4C’s
- Critical Thinking
There are a few points that I really like about this video. One is the fact that the personalities of the two characters are very different from each other, yet they find a way to work together. There is no doubt that learning can be messy and that we each have our individualized learning style or preferences. However, these two students discovered a “win-win” scenario and ultimately created something better than they would have alone.
Here is a list of a few guiding questions to help facilitate dialogue within the group.
- What were the some of the learning differences between the Charlie and Maya?
- Which way of thinking is better?
- Do you have to follow directions to create something spectacular?
- When is it o.k. to not follow directions?
- Which type of character are you more like?
- What do you think Maya meant when she said, “we’ve only just begun?”
- The final scene shows Charlie and Maya going Above and Beyond and then joined by others with similar inventions. If someone creates a spectacular invention is it o.k. to use their example to create your own similar design?
What other questions could I ask?